How the course works
- Join – Become a Member
- Test Your Knowledge: Answers to Previous Exam Papers
- Start the Level TWO Course
- Host a Clinic
Anyone at all can join the Society – no prerequisites
It is wonderful to have on your resume “Member of the International Society of Rider Biomechanics” (take a look the logo right you could use on facebook etc). Your membership fees, or even small donations really do help us immensely with donating hundreds of hours to coach para-equestrian coaches for free, donate fundraisers & training to Wounded Warriors, and give free clinics, scholarships and training to coaches involved in so many therapeutic riding charities around the world. Join today!
Frequently asked questions…
How long will it take?
- The Level 1 course is like a Bachelor’s Degree. If you are fresh out of high school, then yes it could take as long as a couple of years to be at the level that is safe, professional and qualified to teach the specialty of biomechanics. However…we have had experienced coaches watch the DVD’s in just a matter of weeks, and then pass exams not only with the High Distinction Certificate, but also the High Achievement Medal!The Level 2 course is very like a Master’s Degree..and as such you will need a mentor in the Society, and will be coached one-on-one a good deal of the time. You need to be a Level 1 coach for a minimum of 1 year before signing up for the Level 2. However, during that year you can be studying your Level 2, as you already have ALL the material on DVD in the original DVD package. Often people sit their Level 2 exams as soon as it is possible (i.e. 12 months after becoming a Level 1)…so within 12 months they’re a Level 1 AND Level 2 coach! That’s the fastest way possible.
- Yes! We have spread your payments out over 12 months to make it easier. Some people might finish the course sooner, which is great, or they might not be finished when the payments cease. Either way, the split payments are just there to help you get started. They don’t relate to how long we think it should take you to finish the course.
What happened to the International Symposium?
- Due to immigration changes and stricter controls on entry, a lot of people are now unable to attend the International Symposium in Kentucky…so – don’t worry – we’ve brought it to you! ALL of the Symposiums have been filmed and are on the DVD package you purchase. There is no need to attend Symposiums.
Do I need First Aid Certification?
- We highly recommend you do one of the first aid certifications on line (they’re free now) even before you start our courses.
- You need to provide your certification to us prior to being listed as a recommended coach on our website.
- Level 2 coaches also need to attend a large animal first aid/safety/rescue clinic in addition to first aid. We have two highly qualified safety officers, who are also official coaches who will be happy to do a course at your your home. If you arrange a clinic/course, your own attendance is free.
Do I need insurance?
- The Society is working to get companies to work with us on discounted insurance for our coaches. You can do your theory exam, and become a member, without insurance, however by the time you are doing the practical exam, it’s HIGHLY advised you have insurance. To be listed on our website as a recommended coach – you need to have insurance.
Will this certification help my business?
- The quick answer is YES – absolutely! Every day we receive requests for clinics and coaches all over the world. We do not nearly have enough coaches to handle the amount of enquiries – and once you’re qualified and listed in that area – it’s you they’ll be contacting straight away.
- The Membership and Certificates you receive in this course are highly regarded around the world. Our Symposiums co-hosted with the University of Kentucky, Asbury University and Midway University over many years are the only such Symposium of it’s kind in the world, and the information all available on DVD which you can share with your pupils to help their skills, and show your high level of professionalism.
- We will promote you! At any event we are happy to have your posters, giveaways, fliers etc. At venues such as Equitana, Equine Affaire, Royal Dublin etc. where we have the largest trade stands testing people’s seat & position we are happy to have your giveaways on our stand.
- At a small cost, advertising is available on the website & mailers. The Society has the right to refuse advertising that is against the Mission Statement of the Society.